Why become a member? ×

SOLD Washburn Status 1000 SERIOUSLY upgraded
£600
Wellingborough, Northants

BigJim

So this bass has an interesting story!

I bought of it Captain Mike Brooks back in 2005 with no laquer, controls or frets and had Phillipe Dubriuelle (who has a workshop in Denmark Street and has owrked on everybody's guitars and built for everybody) work his magic on it with(back then) a generic 3 band EQ and refretted it and refinished it in this amazing greenburst all over!

I used it extensively but not in anger as you can see for years! Fast forward to 2014 and I sold it to a friend of mine who really wanted it... Regretted it, bought it back in 2016 and put an Aguilar OBP-3 in it. I had it refretted by Chris who's the master luthier down at Crimson Guitars as they owed me a favour and have used it probably 5 times since! purely because a LOT of the work I'm doing is on a 5 string and I have a LOT of basses not being used, so seeing as I have to pay for a wedding now, an few of them are going up for sale!

I love this bass but it needs to be played more!

You know the specs of these!

Upgrades:

Aguilar OBP-3 preamp

Refinish

Refret

It's an amazing bass as I keep saying and does main me to see gone but it deserves to be played and loved more than I can give!

Has a gig bag! WOuld rather collection as you HAVE to play this bass to believe it!

BigJim

Edited by BigJim
Sold elsewhere
  • Like 4

• MB1 locked this topic