Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.

geoffbyrne

OK, so I have an Ibanez RD605 - that's the one with the maple neck, mahogany body (others are basswood) and the Ceramic Seymour Duncan Bassline MM.

(I'll do better pics if there's interest)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this bass. The actions tremendous and there's hardly a mark on it and I got a good deal when I bought it.

I just can't get on with the tone - it's too 'modern'. To give you an idea of what I like, my main bass is a Hohner 'B' Pro (basically Jazz electrics) with the pickups-in-series-mod, and I'm diggin' it - thick and plenty of mids.

For me, the Ibby is a bit low on mids & high on treble. Playing passive helps a bit.

However, I also have a small hand and the B Bass has a *narrow* fretboard which fits me very well. So I'm looking at possibly trading the Ibby for something that's:

a 5 string
has a narrow fretboard
is comparable in value (having watched Ebay for a few months these are going for £225 - 250-ish)
if active, needs to be 3 band, with, hopefully, a parametric sweep.
probably needs to be humbuckers rather than singles.

I'm pretty much open to suggestion although a Peavey Cirrus BXP V or a Cort Curbow V would fit the bill nicely.

I'll also include this:

I bought this to replace the J pup and give the full HH config, but chickened out when it came to routing.

This is as it came from the shop, being unmounted. It needs screws, as I've used them on the bass as the old ones were corroded. I also have a routing template for it which will also be included.

Something really unusual might interest me away from 5 string, or active (Burns?).

I'd rather trade this than sell, but if anyone is desperate to give me the cash would like offers over £200.00

;)

Anyone interested? WHY?

Geoff

Edited by geoffbyrne

• 2 weeks later...