Why become a member? ×

Rick 4003 white pearloid pickguard

Selling a couple of things to make room for more stuff!

1. Pickguard to fit Rickenbacker 4003 / ’75-on 4001, in white pearloid, as new. Mistakenly bought for my early 4001 before I realised the neck – bass p/u spacing is slightly wider on later models. The ebay seller strongly hinted it was genuine Rick but obviously couldn’t say so, and I don’t know if Rickenbacker ever did a pearloid option.
Really pretty, I reckon would look stunning on a FG or MG model particularly. More flexible than the original opal white ones so should be less prone to cracking & chipping. Duct taped on the back of the control holes to grip the pots better.
I paid £26, would like to get that back if poss.

2. Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazz pickup (bridge width), excellent nick, boxed. *[b]SOLD[/b]*
Made to exactly duplicate a 1960’s Fender Jazz pick-up, then subtly “cosmetically & sonically aged”. Period-correct cloth-covered wires. Lovely clear, buttery tone, would make a fab upgrade on a P / J.
I can’t see any in the UK selling for less than £88, asking £30 posted.

3. Neck pick-up (“mudbucker”) to fit Gibson / Epiphone EB-0 / 2 / 3. [b]*SOLD*[/b]
From Allparts, Japanese made (Epi?), construction and sound seem to be identical to an original I used to have on a Kalamazoo bass. Some light scratching on the chrome from the E string, otherwise excellent.
£12 posted.
(NB; also got the matching bridge p/u, works, but missing the brass base plate that the pole and locating screws screw into).

4. Two no-name Jazz bass pick-ups (paired for neck / bridge positions), decent quality as I took them out of a mid-80’s Graham Crook custom. No wires, but stubs to solder onto. No pics at the moment, can get some if wanted – usual black covers / bare poles. £7 posted.

cheers! Greg ;)

Edited by Shaggy