Why become a member? ×

New recording :)

silky13

hey everyone!

Just to let you know I've put a new recording on my myspace .... www.myspace.com/silky13music ... the new song is "prototype" (im sorry had run out of inspiraton for a name!)

Its pretty cool... if you knew I like Opeth and Porcupine tree, you might tell where most of my inspiration came from!! The guitar solo is really sweet IMO, fits really well! ;)

Cheers,
Tom

p.s. I did everything so you can blame me for everything :P

[quote name='Galilee' post='393839' date='Jan 28 2009, 05:16 PM']Good effort - very Opeth - I was waiting to hear the vocal.....

I enjoyed the solo too.[/quote]

Ha ha, my normal vocals aren't very good let alone trying to roar! lol Glad you liked it ;) will work on them tho, and maybe record the vocals too! :P

Great tune. Love the arrangement!

Sound of all the instruments is very tinny, though. Not sure which one I like least! Guitar sounds quite digital and clipped - maybe that is a function of the recording though!? Bass sounds a bit feeble, and the drums sound like tin cans.

But overall, I think it is a great piece (arrangement wise). Would benefit from slight tightening of the timing in places. Great guitar solo! Also, the rhythm guitar at the beginning is very nice.

James