Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Nordstrand 5.2 Stingray 5 Replacement pickup

Higgie

Ok, so I'm looking to upgrade to a 5.3 to make full use of the switching options on my SR5, and just thought I'd see if I could get a sale for this. The Stingray 5 is my maing gigging bass, so although it's a bit of a weird situation, I'd need to sell the 5.2 before I buy the 5.3, but then couldn't part with the 5.2 until the 5.3 is installed, just so that I can keep using it inbetween!

It's a great pickup (would be ideal for anyone looking to improve the sound of their OLP 5 string, as this doesn't have the switching options) but works just fine in the SR5. The pickup housing is the non-dogeared version. I could probably get by without changing this pickup, but hey, I'm not happy unless I'm buying/selling/upgrading something that doesn't necessarily need it ;)

They sell for £100 from Bass Direct, so how about £75 posted, or a trade + cash my way for a 5.3 if anyone has one! (Long shot)

I bought the bass from Shockwave with the pickup already installed, and I'm sure he can vouch that it's a great pickup and does just fine in the SR, it's just that I'm very fussy :P