Why become a member? ×

Foolish Earthlings...

The Funk

Foolish Earthlings have two gigs coming up:

Wednesday 8th August @ The Gardening Club (aka The Rock Garden), 6/7 The Piazza, Covent Garden 19:00.

Sunday 19th August @ The Water Rats, 328 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross 19:00.

These are the last 2 gigs we will be doing with our current keyboard player/vocalist before he leaves for California for 4 years at the end of the month.

The first gig is an 'electric' gig - up-tempo funk-rock mayhem. The second gig is an 'acoustic' gig - slowed down soulful gospel blues.

Standard gig policy: any and all BCers who come to see us will get 1 drink on me for every person they bring with them (including themselves).

Edited by The Funk

Hello there my funky friend!!!

I'm in the studio on Weds in Birmingham from 10-3, but have just spoken to some friends who live in Watford, we might be able to come on down!

What time are you starting and going on till?

And is there any entrance fee/is it a nice venue?

Thanks
Jamie

Hi Jamie. The set would probably be about 30-40 minutes starting at 7.40pm. If you come all the way down from Brum to see us I'd probably owe you more than one drink!

It'd be great to see you there. There is an entrance fee which I think is £5 on the door - if you give me your and your friends' names I could put you on the guestlist (£4). The venue is alright - I haven't been there in a few years so it might have changed a bit. The place has a bit of history though: The Rolling Stones, The Police, Dire Straits, The Sex Pistols and U2 have all played there.

I'll ask Luke and Rinser if they're free that evening. Would be good to have a bass players' chat while everyone else goes all rock n' roll.

Hi mate...that's cool!!! I'll see what i can do, i was planning on meeting up with some friends in Watford and getting the train in from there, and with the times being as they are, it should be a bit more feesable as i'll be able to get back to Grantham for a reasonable time too :) My concern is the traffic i'm likely to hit on the M1 on my way to Watford...hmmm!!! We'll see mate...hopefully we can sort out something though!

Thanks
Jamie