Why become a member? ×

VT1 Std Bass. How flat is it?

redzombie

I'm seriously close to picking one of these up. What I'm looking for is an overdrive pedal, that wont lose any bottom end, or add or take any other frequencies for that matter. Basically, something that will be totally transparent and not colour my tone, apart from the glorious amounts of overdrive that are being added. Think the flat voicing of a Barber LTD SR, this is what I'm after, but with some real tubey goodness.

Does the VT1 Std Bass fit this description?

EDIT: Nevermind, I should find out for myself soon enough, won one 2nd hand on eBay last night :)

Edited by redzombie

[quote name='redzombie' post='373069' date='Jan 7 2009, 02:10 PM']I'm seriously close to picking one of these up. What I'm looking for is an overdrive pedal, that wont lose any bottom end, or add or take any other frequencies for that matter. Basically, something that will be totally transparent and not colour my tone, apart from the glorious amounts of overdrive that are being added. Think the flat voicing of a Barber LTD SR, this is what I'm after, but with some real tubey goodness.

Does the VT1 Std Bass fit this description?

EDIT: Nevermind, I should find out for myself soon enough, won one 2nd hand on eBay last night :)[/quote]

let us know how you get on.

Dave