Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton ISO 2 pro

fleabag

This power brick looks intriguing  ( proper isolation for the sockets ) and 500ma  12v 15v 18v options, and all 9v options are 300ma, which makes a change.

Tested on Youtube and all was good, and  HB speak the truth

Trouble is, its own mains supply is a dodgy 2 pin plug, on a skinnier than skinny cable, ending in a barrel connector.  I asked about cutting euro plugs off and fitting uk plugs in another thread ( RCF Sub ) but that cable from Italy had proper size 3 colour wires ,  blue / brown / green stripe, so was advised a uk plug would be fine, but this doesnt look like that can be done.  Yes, 2 pin plugs can be stuck into a UK adaptor, but its  nasty and cumbersome, and they usually wobble about.

Not sure, so what to do ?

HARLEY.jpg

The dodgy 2 pin "plug" is the 18v adapter, not just a plug, so you can't just cut it off. HB *should* be supplying a UK pin version under EU regs IIRC. Alternatively, there are plenty of these on ebay with a UK PSU for 2/3 the price. The HB one is just a rebadged generic item. I have one after seeing it in the pedal board thread and it does work very well.

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VITOOS-ISO8-Compact-Size-Guitar-Effects-Power-Supply-Power-Pack-Station-8-N0B3/183795792637?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by BassThing
  • Like 3

Wah !  And its cheaper. Good post  BT.  Cheers !  Sod the HB jobbie

Also just realised the HB does NOT have a 15v outlet, so  my Californiwah will still have to have its own supply/plug

Edited by fleabag

21 hours ago, fleabag said:

Wah !  And its cheaper. Good post  BT.  Cheers !  Sod the HB jobbie

Also just realised the HB does NOT have a 15v outlet, so  my Californiwah will still have to have its own supply/plug

Fleabag, Just had a moment of enlightenment and checked what's currently powering my bass board (the Vittoos is powering my guitar stuff at the moment) - If you need a 15v outlet then a Mooer Macro Power S8 might do you. It has a switchable 9/12/15/18v outlet. Back up to paying ~£60 again, but looks like it meets your requirements.

Power supply Mooer Macro Power S8 (1200mA / 9-12-15-18V)

https://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/mooer-macro-s8-power-supply.ir

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Always is, ya never know.  But the Vitoos 9v outlets are all 300 ma whereas the the Mooer 9v are all 100 ma.  I know not many pedals require over 100 ma  but who knows what gas i'll get in the future ?  300 ma would, i assume, cover just about anything 9v

That Mooer one looks pretty cool; very unusual to have a 15v output option. Good suggestion!

Don't think I've ever seen a 15v pedal mind you, apart from the Californiwah mentioned. Why did they do that?! Are there others?

The Mooer also has the advantage of an actual proper mains socket; those revolting separate wallwart things give me the weeblies! But maybe that's just me...!

Edited by paulbuzz