Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Electronics and Bridge

TheBlueFalcon

I'm wondering if anyone, with far better knowledge than me, can offer any guidance on the electronics in an Ibanez Bass.

I've read great things about the new PowerSpan pickups in some of the lower models, but not so much love for the power tap switch. Meanwhile the models above have a very handy 3-way mid frequency switch.

Would the electronics out of an SR500E be compatible with the PowerSpan pickups in the lower models? Or is it just a silly idea?

I know the lower models only have the one switch mounted on the body, but it's hardly difficult to drill a new hole for another switch. So I guess a follow up question to that would be, could it be possible to use the SR500E electronics, but also incorporate the power tap switch in the signal path?

Also, does anyone know if you can replace an Accu-cast B300 bridge with a B500? Is it the same size? So just a simple case of removing the strings, unscrewing the B300, screwing in the B500, installing the strings and checking the setup? Or would it not be that simple?