Why become a member? ×

TGI Gigbag

LeftyP

One of the problems of owning an unusual bass guitar is finding a suitable case or gigbag for it.  My bass is an Italia short scale model which is too short for the usual bass cases and gigbags but too large for guitar cases/bags!  Not having much in the way of music shops in the area I trawled the internet after measuring my bass to find a bag to fit.

Enter the TGI Extreme Series bag for short scale basses.  I found it on Bass Direct site and the dimensions seemed to match what I needed so I placed the order late on Monday evening and it arrived on Wednesday.  I think the measurements on the website were external because, on paper, there should have been just enough room to fit the bass inside.  As it is the fit is snug to say the least.  I have to place the bass in neck first and then gently ease the body of the guitar into the other end.  I think once the ample padding has settled and the bag softened it will be perfect.  The bag is very well made and offers a lot of protection.

The photo of the outside of the bag shows a reflective strip around a pocket - just big enough for A4 paper.  The other photo's show just how neat a fit the bass is when placed into the bag.  The bag has a side handle, two nicely padded shoulder straps and a small handle on the back of the bag plus a large rear pocket.  All in all, I'm very pleased with the bag and the service from Bass Direct.

P1030095 (800x312).jpg

P1030096 (800x450).jpg

P1030101 (800x449).jpg

P1030100 (800x450).jpg

P1030098 (800x450).jpg