Why become a member? ×

Gone to EBAY... FENDER MUSTANG 1977 SUNBURST.

mybass

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='mybass' post='348903' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:24 PM']1977 Fender Mustang Sunburst (30" short scale) bass, in pretty good nick for its age.
Price £700 ovno.

I have been asked to sell this on for a good friend/studio owner, where this bass has lived for the past twenty years.
From a Fender sticker under the scratchplate, the CTS pots and possibly the stencilled number on the pickups this looks to be a 1977 model.
It certainly looks and feels the weight of an Ash body, likely a one piece block.
It is very comforatble to play. Both pots work, the tone pot needs a squirt of cleaner but doesn't distort the signal when played. Pickups are fine. Tuners are working though a little "tarnished and marked". One tuner has a gearing screw missing but these are available from Allparts.
I have stripped the bass and cleaned it and re assembled it. The neck is in good condition and straight. Frets are good. There is NOT a case (at present). There is a Fender "thin" strap with the bass.
The intonation is good so I haven't moved the bridge saddles, which on a lot of old instruments have sometimes seized up and need lubricating.
Overall, to get it back into A1 condition would require a little more work and cost whereas a new owner may do that as and when required.[/quote]

This is on Ebay now, ho hum but there ya go.