Why become a member? ×

Custom Shop Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 String *ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT*

Veils

sounds a bit silly but why not just use the bottom 4 strings and tune the B in tune with them... My guitarists liked D for a while so I tuned my E to that then my B to A. Admittedly twas a tad floppy but you get used to it and there are guages available for that sort of thing these days. T'would be a shame to get rid of such a beautiful bass!

We're currently tuned to drop Bb, they are proposing tuning drop C, which will mean either tuning GCGCF (too low) or CGCFA in which case I won't use the A so having small hands I may as well get something I can play better. I'm speccing another bass out with Jon as well!

And yes, drop Bb is silly tuning, which is why the guys wanna tune up a bit more. But to add further complications, Chris has started writing with a 7 string :)

[quote name='Veils' post='371761' date='Jan 6 2009, 11:19 AM']We're currently tuned to drop Bb, they are proposing tuning drop C, which will mean either tuning GCGCF (too low) or CGCFA in which case I won't use the A so having small hands I may as well get something I can play better. I'm speccing another bass out with Jon as well!

And yes, drop Bb is silly tuning, which is why the guys wanna tune up a bit more. But to add further complications, Chris has started writing with a 7 string :huh:[/quote]

You don't have to tune to the same as the guitars? Why not tune a full step above them? It's suit your instrument better, and you wouldn't really be losing anything, especially with the 5th string :)

Because if I tune a full step, then I can't hit the same open notes which is fairly necesary for me - I am sure you are aware having played with Chris yourself, he doesn't really believe in keeping things simple and letting the bass groove :huh: and believe me he really has stepped things up a notch in between TMWF and Veils :)

Ok the absolute lowest I can drop is £700 for cash, but I would like something added to bump up the value of the deal such as a combo amp (obviously nothing special required) or maybe a pedal or two. Otherwise the outright cash price of £900 ono still stands.

If anyone fancies it drop me a pm :)

• 2 weeks later...