SteveJ

Hungarian 3/4 Double Bass Price Drop! WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
£2950
Whitby, North Yorkshire

Hungarian Double Bass   PRICE DROP £2750!

Three-quarter size double bass, with violin corners, attributed to an unknown early 21st Century maker. Solid hand-carved spruce top with attractive 'orange' flaming to the back and sides. German end-pin. Pirastro Evah Pirazzi orchestral strings.

Dimensions:

Length of body: 1150 mm (45.5 inches)

Upper bout: 522 mm, middle bout: 380 mm, lower bout: 700 mm, upper rib depth: 200 mm, lower rib depth: 225 mm.

String Length: 1048 mm (41.25 inches)

Available to try near Whitby in North Yorkshire. Coffee and biscuits will be provided. I also have a nice pernambuco bow for sale.

DSC_0522.JPG

DSC_0523.JPG

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0530.JPG

DSC_0533.JPG

Edited by SteveJ
price drop
  • Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rabbie
      This bass was made in England by Ken Miller in 2006 and I have owned it for 3 years, in which it has accompanied me on many gigs and recordings. At the end of last year I invested in a a new carved instrument, which means that I no longer need this one.
      still, this is a carved bass made in England, hence and investment that will go up in value, despite the chips and scars of a life on stage.
      woods: old spruce top, maple sides, I think poplar back.
      It is not pristine! There are countless chips and scratches that only add to the unbelievable mojo. There are a few luthier-repairs done professionally by the maker himself, before it came to me. In the 3 years I have had it, it has been superbly stable. 
      The playability of this bass is incredible: it is what you could describe as “plays itself”, thanks to the wonderful setup work of Jerome Davies. 
      it sounds phenomenal: powerful, dark and moody, yet articulated perfectly well and it’s easy to play.
      This bass was used for jazz and folk music, I have no comment to make on bowing as I don’t even have a bow!
      The look of the bass is a little unusual thanks to the slightly “flattened” F holes, typical of Ken Miller basses. I believe this was Ken’s own gigging bass, which would explain the extra signs of heavy gigging.
      price-wise, the initial listing of £3,300 is, I believe what the street price of a bass like this should be. It is probably worth a bit more and will gain in value. However, these are tough times and I am willing to negotiate: message me. Please don’t offer part exchanges as I’m not looking for anything. I assure you it’s a great sounding and Wonderfully well setup bass, and if you, like me, can see past the imperfections as mojo, you won’t find better! 
      I am in Perth, Scotland. It’s a wonderful summer drive, and now it’s ok to do it, and I’m all organised for a proper socially distant trying of the instrument.

I am now in a bit of a need to sell, so it’s a good time to make me an offer. Any question, do please ask!

• By basseng
      Hi, After learning to play electric upright for 6 months I would like to try a double bass. I have posted in the wanted section for a second hand instrument, but wondered if anybody had any experience or recommendations  of the lower priced double basses offered by Thomann or similar?  Many thanks,  Dave
    • By Andrew F
      Stentor Student II double bass for sale in Bristol. 3/4 size. Soft case and bow included (or not, as required). Great for beginners and improvers. I bought it new some 10 years ago, and it has served me very well. Now selling to make space. I've seen new ones of these selling online for £1,700, so I thought I'd list it at £800, but feel free to make an offer. Some scuffs, as per the pictures.