Overwater Classic J5 in Olympic White.

NOW SOLD

J Retro Preamp

Kent Armstrong Pickups

35" Scale

Matching Headstock

Elixir Strings

4.3kg

This is an early model with the old Overwater logo and made my Chris May himself in around 2003. Full service from Overwater last year including brand new J-Retro. The inlays are actually stickers (very easy to remove if you prefer), there are pearl dots underneath. This bass has a fair amount of wear and a bit of checking to the finish - the white has aged slightly to a really nice yellow. 

Would rather a sale but also interested in trades (cash either way) for a very lightweight 34" scale J5 - interested in Sadowsky, Sandberg etc.

Prefer pickup from North London (N11) or I can deliver it on my travels for fuel money. Also happy to post at buyers cost. For any trades I would want to meet in person to try the bass.

Thanks

Dan

IMG_1965.thumb.jpg.80541c3d82bd8d89c585020cbbfe8dd6.jpg

IMG_3792.thumb.jpg.f921907bffb705ebed23e0b62166992e.jpgIMG_4740.thumb.jpg.53c5c97aac6fe763fa761e0b05945335.jpgIMG_9149.thumb.jpg.b27e1fe2959c7fd69f2eb1203eaadfaa.jpgIMG_5903.thumb.jpg.56446eb6c47e5411ea27de8811e76eee.jpgIMG_0612.thumb.jpg.8a08d2cad58c0b608ef9dcf1c403c3ca.jpgIMG_8111.thumb.jpg.4ddbaed8c091ddccb98df6e928943722.jpgIMG_1707.thumb.jpg.8c4981868249c318f708611cf249f7b2.jpgIMG_6540.thumb.jpg.30962f0c97f0e3550e9b504ffe357be3.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

Edited by d_g
price drop
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By okusman
      Sandberg MarloweDK 4 string bass. Series 2. As original.
      No hyperbole needed. A quality bit of kit.
      Specs:
      Alder Body (Vibration treated), Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Board, Pearloid Inlays, Custom wound Alnico Pickups, Nickel Hardware, 38mm neck at nut, Weight: 8lbs 3lbs ’ish’
      Condition is as ‘new’ 😂. It’s never ever been dropped or banged, and has been kept in a hard case when not being played. I’ve gigged it, but I manage not to fall over or fight with drum kits.
      Bass is in Cheltenham. I’ll donate an old soft case if you really want to have it sent. Far prefer collection or meet up.
      Will listen to US Jazz trade + cash offers. 
      New, (if you can find one) £1825 (Bass Direct 09/19) list... or as new from me £1000
      Mark

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      I'm selling this Ibanez Musician Studio Fretless Bass on behalf of a friend of mine who's had it in his recording studio for many years but now wants to move it on. 
      Was up for £675, but It's now offered for sale at £625 or near offer. 
      As can be seen in the photos, the bass and the case are in good condition for their age, considering they're getting on for 40 years old.  
      I think the bass is the lined fretless version of the Ibanez Musician ST924WN model, as can be seen here in this Reverb advert a few years ago:
      https://reverb.com/uk/item/1098372-ibanez-musician-studio-bass-st924wn-1979-walnut-mahogany
      But hopefully, @Bassassin might be able to offer some words of wisdom on this and put me right if I've got it wrong .. 😁
      The bass has recently had a once over by a local guitar/bass tech, so all the electrics are working and it's properly set up. Strings are old though, so they will need changing by its new owner. 
      Having said that, this bass really has that fretless 'mwahh' sound and it's got seriously loud pick ups! There's a great range of tones available from the active circuitry too.. 
      For anyone seriously interested, the bass can be viewed and tested by prior appointment in the Littlehampton area of West Sussex. 
      With regards to shipping, its definitely possible to send it via an insured courier service (at buyers expense), but it is a heavy bass as I'm sure anyone looking at this advert with a serious interest in the bass will know.
      I haven't weighed it, but it is heavy!! It's kind of like a Rolls Royce of a bass really - everything about it is quality and it's been built to last! 
      Anyway, if you've any questions about the bass, please send me a PM and I'll go back to the owner to get you an answer, though that may take a few hours or so depending on his availability.
      Thanks for looking! 😊
      Nik 

• By TAzMilitello
      PRICE DROP to 1500£ for this great 4 strings MERIDIAN JB EVOLUTION EXOTIC, Made in Italy, 34", Kaya mahogany body with ziricote top and tiger maple neck with congo ebony fretboard.  It comes with Rolling's soft case, and new D'Orazio strings 0.40-1.00! It has original Meridian Trinity active/passive on board preamp and Delano JSBC 4 HE pickups. Everything as shown in the photo link. It has also a removable ebony finger ramp beetween the pickups and matched wood knobs. Really big sounds and so really comfortable!
      Mainly I prefer to sell without trades!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4NjNoEMFbjBwitMp5SVmZEp1vW3ZDGl
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By cetera
      PRICE DROP!! - Was £350, £325, £300..... Now just £275

VISA card needs paying back so here we have my fantastic original Japanese made (late 80's) Fernandes Ltd Edition PJ60 Bass in eye-catching bold red.
      Basswood body
      Maple bolt-on neck
      Rosewood board
      Black hardware
      FGI active P/J pickups & preamp (like EMGs) for every tone you could possibly require!
      Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass controls
      Usual fantastic Japanese build quality. This is no entry level instrument - feels, plays & sounds great in any professional environment. A crazily good bass and an absolute bargain!!

This instrument is in fantastic condition with just a few very light dings and plays beautifully. Very slim and playable neck and a wide tonal palette. It sounds hugely resonant unplugged (always a good sign!) and this is continued when plugging in!

I'll be sad to see it go & only selling to clear some debt so not looking for any trades/offers. Bass is located in Guildford/Woking area and I can courier at buyers expense (prob approx £30-£40) or can meet in South East England for petrol. Payment by cash, bank transfer or Paypal (you pay all fees) only please.

Please see my extensive positive feedback record for assurance of a smooth and honest transaction.