Overwater Classic J5 in Olympic White.

NOW SOLD

J Retro Preamp

Kent Armstrong Pickups

35" Scale

Matching Headstock

Elixir Strings

4.3kg

This is an early model with the old Overwater logo and made my Chris May himself in around 2003. Full service from Overwater last year including brand new J-Retro. The inlays are actually stickers (very easy to remove if you prefer), there are pearl dots underneath. This bass has a fair amount of wear and a bit of checking to the finish - the white has aged slightly to a really nice yellow. 

Would rather a sale but also interested in trades (cash either way) for a very lightweight 34" scale J5 - interested in Sadowsky, Sandberg etc.

Prefer pickup from North London (N11) or I can deliver it on my travels for fuel money. Also happy to post at buyers cost. For any trades I would want to meet in person to try the bass.

Thanks

Dan

IMG_1965.thumb.jpg.80541c3d82bd8d89c585020cbbfe8dd6.jpg

IMG_3792.thumb.jpg.f921907bffb705ebed23e0b62166992e.jpgIMG_4740.thumb.jpg.53c5c97aac6fe763fa761e0b05945335.jpgIMG_9149.thumb.jpg.b27e1fe2959c7fd69f2eb1203eaadfaa.jpgIMG_5903.thumb.jpg.56446eb6c47e5411ea27de8811e76eee.jpgIMG_0612.thumb.jpg.8a08d2cad58c0b608ef9dcf1c403c3ca.jpgIMG_8111.thumb.jpg.4ddbaed8c091ddccb98df6e928943722.jpgIMG_1707.thumb.jpg.8c4981868249c318f708611cf249f7b2.jpgIMG_6540.thumb.jpg.30962f0c97f0e3550e9b504ffe357be3.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

Edited by d_g
price drop
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By maidens97
      Really wish i didn't have to sell this but needs must as i'm moving out soon. If you know this pedal then you know just how amazing and unique it is.

£450 ono

• By maidens97
      In mint condition, only used once due to having a 7215 cab. Custom made covers. Light and loud great sounding rig. £250 ono

• By knirirr
      There's not any real need to sell this now, but it doesn't get used any more and so I'll leave it here in case it could benefit anyone with the the same playing but different colour preferences.
      Originally bought on this forum, it's a WD Music neck (dots on both sides so a left-hander could presumably use it) with an ebony board on a body made by Ernie McMillen. The pickups are Villex passive (stacked volume, passive mid and treble cut) and although there's a panel on the back there's nothing underneath it. The strings currently fitted are LaBella Copper white nylon, .050-.105. With the light body and these low tension strings I've found very comfortable to play. 
      I discovered that a crackling neck pickup volume control seems to have been a loose wire - I'll have to re-solder this if I can find my soldering iron or borrow one [Edit: Fixed - see below]. Everything else seems to be in order.
      Collection would be preferred so it can be tried; I'm working in Oxford and live in West Oxfordshire, and could perhaps meet somewhere or deliver for petrol money. If required to post it would probably have to be Parcelforce ; in this case I'd have to include a gig bag (to be taken into account if you want to make an offer). I had a bass come over from Japan in said bag without damage.
      Please ask if you have any questions.

• By Higgie
      Up for sale is my Jon Shuker 5 String Jazz built for me in 2013. It has a couple knocks and bumps having toured the world with me but nothing obvious from the front. Villex pickups and electronics with passive mid cut make for a very versatile sound. It’s not the lightest bass ever made, but plays and sounds great. Comes with it’s original Hiscox hard case, or will knock some off if you want it in a generic gigbag.
      £1000 collected from Chingford, London.