Why become a member? ×

Tech21 GED-2112 - question

Wiggybass

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I know how to set up pedals and gain levels etc. After 43 years of playing I should know what I'm doing 😉

When I purchased the DI-2112, I also got an 18v adaptor because that is what is recommended by Tech21.

Tech 21 make great products. No doubt about that. They have been the 'industry standard' for years.

Unfortunately their 'drive' sections just don't do it for me.

My favourite bass player is Geddy. Since he started using the Sansamp, I cannot stand his tone. Something about it seems artificial and fizzy.

That's just my opinion. I'm just one in a sea of a million bass players who are happy with the tone they get from Sansamp products.

Just an observation, but I will look elsewhere for my 'drive' sounds.

Cheers 😁

I agree that many players - especially guitarists - don’t grasp the distortion/compression relationship. I can’t count the number of times I’ve sat & watched a guy widdling like his life depended on it, yet all anyone can hear is wasps’ nest! It’s even more important for bass, where note attack & definition is important. Great advice to work backwards