Why become a member? ×

How to use an expression pedal as a volume pedal?

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hi all.

I came across the Earthquaker Devices Swiss Things gadget, it looks great but the main feature I'm interested in is the fact it allows you to use an expression pedal as a volume pedal, so it bypasses any tone suck issues.

My pedal board is modest and not complex enough to warrant the Swiss Things but I do miss having a volume pedal from my GT6B owning days ( I don't have one anymore)

So my question is, is there a pedal or gadget available that uses the feature of  volume control from an expression pedal ?

I'm pretty ignorant of electronics so don't know what's involved in that respect to make it work.

Many thanks :)

Guest subaudio

Hiya, no, sorry :)

I would rather avoid a normal volume pedal as they tend to tone suck.

Im assuming the way the Swiss Things does it is different electronically as it's sold as no tone suck, it uses any standard expression pedal to control volume by some electronic jiggery pokery I don't understand.

I want just that feature of the Swiss Things without all the A/B/Y/Effects loop stuff.