Why become a member? ×

Golden Bullet Upright Bass Mic & LR Baggs Preamp (SOLD)
£115

hestan

I'm selling a combo of my Golden Bullet Upright Bass Microphone and LR Baggs Preamp (to work with the Mic) for £115 plus postage.  I paid over $240 for these new from Gollihur once import tax and postage were included. May accept offers on the individual parts, please PM, but they're designed to work together so would rather sell pair.

They're both in excellent condition and were rarely used apart from one recording session 3 years ago.  Manuals for both included.  Box for the LR Baggs preamp included too.

See manufacturers specs below:

MIC

The Golden Bullet Microphone is a condenser mic chosen specifically for its characteristics and performance with the Double Bass. This is not an "off-the-shelf" microphone, but one designed and custom built by K&K in their shop in Oregon. I was delighted to work with Dieter of K&K to finalize the selection of this specific unit, which combines great sound with excellent feedback resistance. It's unidirectional to help avoid rumble and bleed from other instruments. Amazingly light and small, it is mounted on your bridge using adhesive 3M Dual Lock and positioned using its built-in six-inch gooseneck. And don't worry about the bridge mounting -- I stuck the mic attachment to a mail scale, and the assembly registered about .25 ounces in weight! 

Frequency Range: 20 - 17,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 7 mV/PA/1 kHz
Maximum SPL: 139 dB
Polar Pattern: Hyper-unidirectional
Output: XLR active balanced or 1/4" line level (your choice)
Mic Power Supply: 9 Volt through Supplied Golden Bullet preamp

PREAMP

The Gigpro is an all-discrete Class A single channel beltclip preamp that eliminates the need for active electronics on your prized instrument. It makes any acoustic pickup sound better and provides fingertip control right at your side.

Featuring:

• Adjustable gain
  • Passive 2-band EQ

• Bass trim control
  • Phase inversion

IMG_7104.JPG

IMG_7106.JPG

goldenmicbass.jpg

freqgoldenbullet.gif

Edited by hestan