Why become a member? ×

Stolen Pedal Board

saul.peleg@live.co.uk

Hi guys, 

Hoping ive put this in the right place.

I live in North London and Went up to Bristol this weekend only to come back and find my whole pedal board stolen from my car.

Have spoken to the police but theres not much they can do, all they said is keep a look out on all marketplaces.

the board consisted of 

Pedalbay board 

Aguilar twin filter

Moog Drive

MXR Preamp 

EH pitchfork

MXR Octave 

MXR Brick 

Korg Tuner 

if anyone sees them about please let me know 

all best 

Saul

• Sad 1

man, that sucks

Don't suppose it was insured then?  Had a mate who used to leave his PRS and amp in the back of his car and the same thing happened to him.  No use for you now but taught me to 1. insure everything with cover for unattended vehicles; and 2. don;t leave stuff in a car if you can help it

practical tips - e-mail all the local CEX type shops that will pay for second hand gear with a list, and pop down to some of the local ones to see if that exact array of pedals has appeared in the window.  because of their poor reputation of being known to buy stolen stuff from junkies, the reports I hear from people who have had to do something similar are that they take this sort of thing quite seriously, and will circulate lists of stuff to keep an eye out for to their shops.

• Like 1

Yep cash convertors and all those need checking every day now, if you see even just one pedal listed on a site try and call in and see if the rest is there in the shop before going straight to the police, I wouldn't inform the shop without the police present tbh, the fact, and it is fact because we've seen it a few times now that the shop only put the odd thing online tells us they know it's stolen. 

Good luck.