Why become a member? ×

Bitsa Fretless Bass - Squier

zvirus

Hi!

Well... it took me years to understand that no fancy bass will satisfy me every way!  And have had so many disappointments even from USA made instruments...

Tried many different ones - LTD, Vintage, Squier ebonol Fretless. Got an unlined Cort which actually is great but.... its made in Factory to some specification - not my specification(!)

No need to say it feels great knowing that You/I are similar to Jaco in a SMALL way of course... 😉 - after defretting the bass...

Another factor is money - I could go and buy and spend  £1.5-2k and have actually the same "thing" (do not shout at me please) but mine is made by me  and costed around 15% of GENUINE F. bass....

This bass shown below feels and plays like £1.5k bass because I put my heart and hard work into this project..... are You next???....

List of the parts and tools:

• Squier Affinity P-Bass Neck - got it here from nice BC Fellow...
  • Jazz Bass Alder Body (Light one 2.05kg) Made in Japan from Ebay
  • Bare Knuckle '60 PE J-BASS pickups from Ebay
  • 60s style Bass Bridge from Amazon
  • Control plate with pots and knobs - CTS250k solid shaft pots and USA knobs
  • Bone nut for a guitar converted into bass nut
  • Amber Alcohol Based Dye/Stain
  • Mineral Oil to protect fretboard 
  • 99% alcohol solution for cleaning purposes
  • Clear Decal Paper from Ebay
  • Gold and Silver Sakura Metallic Pen from Ebay
  • Clear Varnish from local Car Parts store
  • Sanding paper grade 120-2000 from local Car Parts store
  • 9.5inch Wooden Radius Block from Ebay
  • Ink Jet Printer

So.... one day I got decent Squier Neck and defretted it according to this video.

head1.jpg

Then I bought some other parts and made my own baby which plays and feels WONDERFUL and wont swap it for any factory made Bass...

Hi res. photos here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JZ6keVOtyy2lMvq2vQ6jyc_Hff6U_m4d

Even created the logo and named it as it Should not F.... bass as most people would because - Squier does not mean "Cr.p"

And my best Jazz bass has Squier Classic Vibe Neck as it`s WAY better made than USA I have had once - Squier deserves logo on my bitsa bass!

The purpose of this thread is to encourage  You and assure You that no bass feels better in my hands and I wont swap it for anything!

Some sloppy sound samples here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XpkWEKsULBYOLKaGwgV5k4oU-LEN6TSq/view?usp=sharing    - No EQ just tini bit of compression and reverb...

I`m happy to help if You have any questions - here or over PM! :)

Cheers,

Tomas

Edited by zvirus
  • Like 5