Why become a member? ×

Hey guys, giving you the heads up...

Grant Toupe

Been talking to the crippled Ped online lately and thanks to his constant support of Toupe over the years I've sent him an online version of our new album to review in exchange for a little mention of BassChat in the artwork (lots of bass players around the world are digging on Toupé at the moment, so it seemed right to extend the networking ability of places like this and ebassist.com with a mention - without whom, we'd never have done as many things as we could have.)

Anyway, on to the heads up, the new album Chat! is coming out in August. We've very proud of it and can't wait to get to touring it for the rest of the year and beyond. As a band with two bass players and drums we tend to favour the bass players and drummers in the world for getting a little more out of the experience of our music.

If you want to hear a few tracks from it then please head over to www.myspace.com/toupe where you'll find a full on account of a run in i had with large chested girl when were in America on tour, an International Anthem the whole world can sing along to and a song about a Danish observatory from the 16th century...typical Toupé stuff.

There is a pre-order thing going on that will entitle you to a running discount on future releases (alphabetical albums, we're only up to C...so that could be a giant saving in the end!) and also allows you to get a free CD of a sort of 'Director's Commentary' for the album that Karl (the other bass player) and I recorded this week.

I used a bass tuned BEGC for the entire album, which made for some interesting basslines - Karl has more effects than ever going on. Jay has recently found a new level of drumming. So we hope you enjoy what you hear and hope to see some of you soon for a gig.

Thanks for reading - I need to pop up here a little more...but dammit, I spend more time on the road with out the technology at the moment. Soon, I'll come back and get in on the low end worship! :)

Take care - glad this place finally got settled down into a new home. Was chasing around trying to BW after a while.

Grant

HA! Not fallen off the end of the Earth - just found it hard to keep up. Been so busy lately...written a sitcom, a play, two books and published a novella. Plus the band, new album, touring and recording. THEN i decided i wasn't busy enough and took up stand up comedy! In amongst this, trying to maintain any sort of social life has been difficult but rewarding...:)

I'll be doing my best to stick around on BassChat as much as possible - Got a new MacBook now - so stealing Wi-Fi on the road is much easier...i mean...err...:huh:

Samples: You can hear three tracks from the album on our myspace page [url="http://www.myspace.com/toupe"]http://www.myspace.com/toupe[/url] - tracks are:
Big Ones (a tale about an incident on tour in the US last year in the Deep South),

The International Anthem (a tune for the whole world to sing along to) and

Uraniborg (a big rocker about a 16th century Observatory in Denmark - founded by Tycho Brahe, who had a metal nose, a pet moose who allegedly died whilst being drunk at one of the celebrity parties that were thrown there - he also had a mind reading Dwarf jester called Jepp. - naturally, typical rock song territory) :huh: