Why become a member? ×

Gear4Music Doublebass case

loldog5000

So I will be travelling with my double bass by buss in a few weeks, and it's recommended to have a hardcase for instruments in the luggage compartment on busses, which is understandable. While doing research, I stumbled upon Gear4Music's doublebass hardcase which looks very promising. The only thing I'm concerned is whether my 3/4 bass with violin corners will fit, but what experince have you guys had with these? Thanks!

And heres the link to the product:  https://www.gear4music.com/Woodwind-Brass-Strings/3-4-size-Double-Bass-Case-by-Gear4music/9IK#full-des 

Edited by Cat Burrito
fix link

Don't know how much the G4M ones are but you can usually pick up the hardcases supplied with the cheaper doublebasses second hand for next to nothing. Folks don't tend to keep them as they are massive and unwieldy. Have a look on ebay/gumtree/facebook etc. 

16 hours ago, Maude said:

Don't know how much the G4M ones are but you can usually pick up the hardcases supplied with the cheaper doublebasses second hand for next to nothing. Folks don't tend to keep them as they are massive and unwieldy. Have a look on ebay/gumtree/facebook etc. 

What other brands are there with a similar construction? 

To be honest, I'm not sure what brands they are, maybe they are all from G4M basses but I'd guess a company manufactures and supplies them to a few lower end bass sellers.

I've just checked ebay and there aren't any :(

I just remember seeing them for sale second hand for very little money every now and again. I saw one go for less than twenty quid because I considered buying it (just in case) but I chickened out in the end as storage was a problem.