Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier Classic Vibe 60s Precision

LewisK1975

On 4/6/2018 at 05:37, Jono Bolton said:

Most of the VMs I've tried have been the older ones with the satin neck. As stock they weren't that good IMO. Once you start modding a bass it skews the comparison. I never felt the need to mod any of the CVs/MFs that I've owned. I genuinely believe that they're better than MIM Standards as well, maybe not so with some of the higher end Mex Fenders.

Quite honestly, the only thing that *needed* to be done to my VM is a fret level. I LOVE the feel of my VM and consider the build quality is quite good. The  While I'm fairly new to basses, I know what a good build looks like as my guitar collection includes and American Deluxe Strat and a Gibson numbered limited edition LP as well as a vintage Martin and a couple higher end Taylors. If you Google VM vs CV you'll find differing opinions and few folks dislike either of them.  The CV Jazz isn't even an available in the States any longer.  The biggest difference I see is soft maple body vs basswood (and agathis for the 77's).  I'll admit that if I were to buy a gloss neck Squier whether it be a VM or CV the first thing I'd do would be to get out the scotchbrite pad.  I will stipulate to disagree and call it a draw.