Why become a member? ×

Status S2 5 string

Huggy and the Bears

Get one with a head and it wont look quite so 80s. I used to have one and it was brilliant. Build quality was out of this world, it played itself and sounded great. Shame I couldn't justify keeping something so expensive, as it was a killer bass.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='330664' date='Nov 17 2008, 01:56 PM']You think it's awsome. That's the only opinion that matters.

Yes , some say they look a bit '80's'.

But I never hear anyone moan that old Fenders look a bit 60's or 70's !!! Funny that.[/quote]
That's brilliant, I thought the same as Huggy here but its probably to do with what bands were cool when, i.e. most people think the 60's and 70's was the era of cool, Rolling Stones, Led Zepp etc etc and the basses they used were like their heroes.

Mind you I would have an S2 Status headed in a heartbeat, they are wonderful basses and playability wise are like silk. I am now looking for a Status bass myself, good luck and do it.

hello,

this is sandmann writing, i am new to this forum. it keeps me away from doing my work at the office ....

these basses are fantastic. i wouldn´t mind the 80ties look as long as you do not play in a blues band ...

the only reason i sold mine was the narrow string spacing at the bridge which i couldn´t get comfortable with. otherwise the sound of these basses is incredible.

regards,

sandmann