Why become a member? ×

Laney Nexus Tube Amp and Hartke Hydrive 810 Rig
£850

Its with a heavy heart that I must do this, but I am selling this great rig to free up some funds for another project.

Head

The amp is the legendary all tube Laney Nexus. Rated at 400w at either 2, 4 or 8 ohm. It has a whopping 8 KT88's bottles booting out the power and a further 4 knocking about in the pre-amp stage. This amp is very versatile with multiple switchable options up front. You can run the FET channel or the tube channel in isolation or combine both for some real grind. There are  foot switchable options for upper and lower mid boost as well as para eq and compressor. There is a also switchable controls presence and deep (sub) frequencies on the power stage. There are some great reviews on the amp knocking around, so have a look for yourself. All I can say is that its possibly the best sounding and most versatile amp I have ever heard. 

Condition is as expected for a used amp. There are some rips and bashes on the tolex and the previous owner marked his settings with a few dots on the control panel (you can hardly see them). After I purchased it I sent it back to Laney HQ for a service in May 2017 (I have the emails and receipts if you need to see them) . They replaced a few parts and re-biased, but all tubes are ok with plenty of life left.  It is also worth noting that if the compressor is run at higher volume for any length of time, occasionally some soft popping noises come through the cab. I mentioned this at the service, but Laney could not find any issues (gloriously). It not a major issue for me anyway as I run an external comp (and you can switch it out with the foot controller)

Of course, being tube, this is no lightweight. However the way the handles are designed make it seem easier to transport (for me anyway). Also has a roqsolid cover that was for a SVT head, but works quite well with the Laney. Footswitch also included.

Cab

Is the flagship of the Hydrive range, the mighty 810. This is rated 2000w at 4ohms RMS. This is really a lovely cab. Very punchy due to the design (its four 8x10 sealed cabs on top of one another) and has a high frequency tweeter if that's your thing. Does clean hi-fi and grit with ease. Has neo magnets, casters and pull bar so isn't a complete back killer. Its still a one man move for me at least (for now).

Condition is used. Some rips and tears on the tolex, but not absolutely thrashed. Sound wise, its perfect.

I'm happy to split, so looking for £550 for the head and £300 for the cab. Also, the rig is near Hemel Hempstead.

Thanks

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG