Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Westone THUNDER 1A Fretless Bass MATSUMOKU 1984(ish)
£375

The GroovyPlucker

Moving on my 1st ever Bass.

Just been serviced by my tech and cleaned up a bit. This has an after market schaller bridge which I had fitted in the early 1990's, still have the original bridge also, the Brass Nut I also had fitted at the same time, over £100 of upgrades there.

I believe I bought this in 1984, serial number's a bit inconclusive as it has six digits, from what I've read the usually have 5 or 7, unless one has faded away down the years, not sure. This is from the famous Matsumoku Factory in Japan. Here's a link to the Westone site with an explanation/diagram of the controls http://www.westone.info/manual/index.html 

This has an awesome and big sound, if you want a pino fretless sound this should deliver it. It's not as heavy as I remembered, the neck is unlined fretless and I believe that's how it was from original, some models are shadow fretted.

TRADES:

Looking for an 80's sounding bass, even though this is that I'm looking a fretted model, so Ibanez, Yamaha, Aria Pro, all must be active models though. Alternatively, any Barefaced Cabs, preferably a gen 1 or 2 midget. Hit me with what you have.

£375

PRICE INCLUDES U.K. ONLY POSTAGE. ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE THE U.K. PM ME AND I'LL LOOK INTO A PRICE.

Edited by The GroovyPlucker