Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass Refurb

Frank Blank

Morning

I have just ordered the latest iteration of the Fender Aerodyne Jazz. I have been combing the Inet to find out as much about this bass as possible with an eye on any modifications that can be done, this is half for cosmetic reasons in order to have a bass that is... It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black... and half to improve the quality of the bass as much as possible. This is my last bass purchase before I go part-time in order to concentrate on music so I want to make this bass as good as possible before I become a pauper. I should get to the point/s...

Some of the older models of Aerodyne had a recess under the bridge as the surface of the body was curved, I can only find one reference to the latest model online and it suggests the latest model does not have a recess. I emailed Fender but they didn't have a model in to look at and, going solely by the pics from online they thought it was a flat surface. Is there anyone here that can answer this definitively.

Other than that does anyone have any recommendations / suggestions for replacement bridges, pickups, tuners for the Aerodyne? So far my list consists of...

Bartolini Classic P-J pickups

Hipshot A Style bridge

HB6 - 3/8 Ultralite tuners

....any advice, warnings, experience, comments welcome particularly about the latest model Aerodyne. No need to suggest that I might not need to do the modifications, obviously if I'm happy with any/all of the elements on the bass out of the box I'll leave it that way. Thanks in advance you lovely people.

Edited by Frank Blank