Why become a member? ×

RCF ART 732-A mk4 VS HD 32-A mk4

Corvine

Looking to get a pair of active 12" PA cabs, and everything I've read online says that RCF are decent for the money I'm looking to spend.

I emailed a rep at RCF and he reckons there's not much difference in sound between the ART 732 and the HD 32.

Anyone listened to these models side by side? Any recommendations? The 732s are a bit cheaper so it looks like the better option, but though I'd get some second opinions before buying.

It's mostly for use in a practice room, and small gigs. Will have a couple of sample pads going through it, some drum pads, and a couple of mics.

I'll probably add a 15" sub at some point in the future, but am not too worried about getting loads of bottom end at the moment.

Thanks

There's literally nothing between them - it wouldn't surprise me if they actually shared the same components!

So buy the one which looks appeal to you - and maybe the fact that the hd has a powercon may be an advantage or a disadvantage... for some people for example, if you are doing a gig in the middle of nowhere, the chance of finding a spare powercon is quite low... (unless you carry multiple spares of things like that!)

I own the a single RCF HD32a. The HD range is voiced more for live bands and vocals whilst the 7 range is voiced more for DJ's. The HD range is where it's at. Plus you get a full grill on the HD range. The HD32a is probably the best non touring speaker out there for live vocals. Nothing like it for clarity!