Why become a member? ×

Need new amp and cab or combo for 6 string

jaydentaku

My Carlsbro combo is almost dead and no longer suitable for requirements. So I need new amplification.

I have recently bought a spector legend 6 string and I was wondering if 6 strings would prefer a particular setup, given their tonal range?

I need the setup for gigging, something with wheels, and something big 4x10. I hear good things about hartke, but they seem rather cheap, what do people think?

My budget is around 400 quid.

Cheers

Edited by jaydentaku

If you want an amp and cab for £400 then cheap is good! The LH500 is very impressive for the money. But look in the used section of the forum, you're bound to get a good deal with that much to spend. Tonally a 6-string is no more demanding than a 5-string and it's more down to your personal taste than the demands of the string count, capiche?

Alex

Thanks

Fortunately, i live near the soundslive shop in newcastle and they have been very helpful, recomending ashdown and hartke. I have seen the Marshall MB 4x10 combo and I have been told good things about it and to ingore outdated opinions on marshall bass amplification. I am going to be trying out a 1x15 ashdown evo II and the marshall 4x10. i just have to decide which will be right for me.

The ashdown provides a wopping 300watt and for the money, carn't find a better 1x15. Although it's a 15, so i expecting whilst gigging, that my higher note swill be drowned out by the guitar. Which is where the 10's would come in handy.

we shall have to see