Why become a member? ×

Hi From Ted

escull

'ello peeps!!

I have been playing bass for 12ish years. Started off in a college punk band but now enjoy playing all sorts of stuff.
I'm not currently in band but seem to be backup bassist for my mates bands instead.

I have a Jackson Kelly, a cheap but very nice Aria and I am currently looking for a new amp. (i will probably make one based on an old ampeg (electronics engineer))

Hello to all!!

Ted

Edited by escull

[quote name='escull' post='316721' date='Oct 28 2008, 02:04 PM']'ello peeps!!

I have been playing bass for 12ish years. Started off in a college punk band but now enjoy playing all sorts of stuff.
I'm not currently in band but seem to be backup bassist for my mates bands instead.

I have a Jackson Kelly, a cheap but very nice Aria and I am currently looking for a new amp. (i will probably make one based on an old ampeg (electronics engineer))

Hello to all!!

Ted[/quote]

Welcome!

Good luck with the Ampeg. I looked at prices of transformers a while back and gave up. I have the schematic for the SVP-Pro somewhere if you want it though - that plus a nice ss power amp sounds almost as good for a small fraction of the price.

Transformers can cost the earth but I'm not going to be too picky 'vintage' components. As long as the quality is there and it sounds good I'm not bothered. A project for a geek.

I'm keen to see that schematic can you email it?

Ted

Edited by escull