Why become a member? ×

pending sale...1988 Fender Jazz Bass Made In Japan Fretless
£600

HotTraveler

[u][b]Looking for a Sale or Trade. Not really specific on what bass I want in terms of a trade, so offer me what basses you've got.[/b][/u]

For Sale or Trade here is a Fender Jazz Bass made in the year 1988, in Japan. The Fender Basses to come out of Japan at this time were of fantastic quality, as anyone would know. It was originally a fretted bass, however I had it professionally defretted by the guys at Lakestone Guitars, Birmingham. It could be refretted if you prefer that however. This bass has many signs of wear such as dings, scratches, dents etc to the body due to it being nearly 30 years old, however none of the cosmetic wear affects the play-ability or sound of the instrument. It's been fully set up, for a low action, the neck is straight, and a shim has been placed. Currently strung with flatwounds so as not to scratch the rosewood fingerboard ( I have used roundwounds on this bass however i noticed some scratches so I stopped). Everything on this bass is original, except for the tortoise pickguard, I don't have the original. I've replaced the bridge for a gold wilkinson bridge, the pickup covers are replaced to white covers and the knobs are replaced to stratocaster style vintage knobs. The orignal Knobs, pickup covers and bridge will provided with the sale/ trade. I'll provide a warwick rockbag gig bag with the bass. Trade-wise I am looking for a fretted bass of similar value.. Price is £600 which is fairly low considering the mojo this bass has. Do contact if you need anymore pictures or information[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Serial Number: G025525[/font][/color]

Edited by HotTraveler

[quote name='swanuments' timestamp='1494681229' post='3297822']
Hey, where are you based? Would love to give it a go, currently looking for a fretless
[/quote]
My guess is "Birmingham", but I may be wrong. It also could be "Birmingham, Alabama". We can't be sure it's in the West Mids.