Why become a member? ×

Brand-new Music Man StingRay 5 HS (with OHSC) PRICE DROP!!!
£1650

Kees_SoS

I've decided to part with my Music Man StingRay 5 HS, which I purchased at the end of March 2017. Consequently, it's in brand-new condition; there's not a mark on it!

The bass plays and balances well, sounds great, and is lightweight (4.5kg). However, I've decided to move on several instruments to fund a custom build (sorry, no trades), and this one isn't likely to be used extensively in the short term.

When I bought it, the bass had a tortoiseshell scratchplate (see photos), which wasn't to my liking. I managed to source a black scratchplate through Strings and Things, along with the matching black screws. Both scratchplates and the extra set of screws are included.

So, if you want to save a few hundred quid on a brand-new StingRay 5 with OHSC, this one could be just the ticket!

I'm based in Amsterdam, but travel over to England once a month.

For photos, see here: [url="http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/kees_harrison/slideshow/Music%20Man%20StingRay%205%20HS"]http://s1345.photobu...ingRay%205%20HS[/url]

[b]Price now reduced to GBP 1500!!![/b]

Edited by Kees_SoS

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1494444548' post='3296093']
That's a really cool looking SR5
You don't see many with this pickup configuration which is nice
[/quote]

Thanks, Chris! I really like the way the single coil softens the attack when I need it to. The different settings offer a wide variety of tones, and when soloed, the bridge pickup is still 100% classic StingRay!

This is also about the best-balanced StingRay 5 I've played. I had several over the years: some too light (with neckdive), some waaay too heavy, but this one is spot on, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Jogi. It weights 4.5kg. Like I said, it's well balanced, so it doesn't feel heavy (I'm 1.78m and slightly built).

The other SR5's in the shop were all heavier, and some had neck dive. This one was the best of the lot!

[quote name='jogi' timestamp='1496764915' post='3313717']
Brilliant, thank you! :)
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...