Why become a member? ×

SOLD **** Status-Graphite fretless Energy
£450

fretmeister

This bass has a long Basschat history.

I originally bought it as a fretted 4 from the much missed "Machinehead" shop roughly 14 years ago. I had it modified with the extra pickup (to allow Billy Sheehan type 2 amp use) and played it loads and I then bought a back up as well.

This one needed a refret but as I had not owned a good fretless before I had Rob Green of Status make a brand new fretless neck for it. He did all the fitting work.

Some time in (I think) 2013 I decided to sell it as I seem to have very little talent for fretless. I did miss it though, and in 2015 Ryan contacted me to offer me first disbs as he was moving it on.

So I bought it back. It was still in fantastic condition for it's age. There are a few dings on the body as expected for what I think was originally a 1993 bass.

I've been playing it in the house since 2015, but despite my best efforts I am not confident enough to take it out to gig, and anyway I usually gig with a 5 string.

So, much like going back to an old girlfriend, it has been fun but there was a reason why I sold it in the first place, and it was perhaps wishful thinking that I would become comfortable enough on a fretless.

The J pickups are the stock status ones, with a Volume, Balance, Tone pot. It's their treble system so it has a battery.

The P is a SD Quarter Pounder and has it's own Volume and Tone control going to a separate output. The separate outputs are very useful if you like to muck about with using 2 amps at once or 2 FX chains.

It currently has some nearly new Prosteels on it, but I've got a nicely settled set of flats to go in with the deal as well.

Selling at £450 ono. Collection preferred from Northants, but could meet up somewhere too.

Trades are certainly possible - [s]I'm looking for a nice light Precision. 8.5lb ish. Ideally a nice grindy sounding one. More Billy Sheehan than Jamerson![/s]

Not looking for bass trades anymore. I need a Yamaha DXR10 powered wedge.

ta

Edited by fretmeister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...