Why become a member? ×

Cali 76-G Limited Edition No.37 of 100
£320

krispn

Hey guys

I'm after the TX model of this and one has become available so this is a SALE ONLY thread unless you have a TX you wish to trade (messages by PM only as per the rules thanks!)

This is from the limited edition models produced a couple of years back which has a Germanium fuzz added which allows you to get some filth right from the comp. I've used it maxed for the Muse style effect which give a really tasty compressed, even dirty tone. The filth can be 'dialed in' with a control knob on the rear of the pedal - it does have a nice taper and can be added to give just a bit of warmth to the sound, whatever the source. The fuzz isn't foot-switchable, you'd kinda set it and have it at that particular setting. Great feature for recording when you side chain in a dirty comp for drums, works well on keys and can do amazing things for a guitar tone! Runs off 9v or 18v.

I use my comp as an always on 'tool' rather than an 'effect' in my current bands so I find I'm using this fuzz function less than I have in other projects. Pictures included show some scratches on the casing where its lived side-by-side to some other pedals on my pedaltrain. Notice the box shares the stamped Ltd Ed number on the Cali- maybe the image isn't that clear but its there!

The official blurb is below:

[b] Limited Edition Germanium Transistor Option[/b]

Strictly limited to 100 units, the Cali76 Germanium adds an awesome new flavour to the Cali range. Combining the Cali76’s ultra-fast dynamics and transparent tone with a 1960s-style Class-A germanium transistor output stage, it perfectly captures the rich harmonics, smooth clipping and musical compression that defined the sound of the era.
Germanium circuitry – when properly designed and implemented – delivers a stunning blend of warmth and grit. Using the unique variable headroom control at the rear, you can dial in exactly the desired amount of break-up and colouration, taking you all the way from ultra-clean transparent compression to lo-fi grunge!

[b] Special Features[/b]

The Cali76 Germanium offers some highly desirable tonal and connectivity options. The top-mounted controls are identical to the stock Cali76 and the compressor circuitry operates in the same way. But at the output, this limited-edition pedal features a fully balanced Class-A output stage, employing premium NOS germanium transistors, for extra grunt, harmonics and saturation, all completely controllable via the rear-mounted variable headroom knob.
The Cali76 Germanium is equally at home driving a guitar amp or the input of your DAW or console. The pedal automatically switches to a balanced output when you plug in a TRS jack, allowing it to interface happily with mixers, preamps and audio interfaces. Inserting an unbalanced guitar cable will configure the unit as a standard guitar pedal, with a conventional single-ended output.

Edited by krispn