Why become a member? ×

SOLD! 1976 Jazz Bass back on the market
£1200

Studio GC

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I pieced it together after finding a '76 jazz neck for a great price. The body is as close to a '76 as I can tell from the neck pocket stamps. You can see it was originally starting to be a sunburst. The black paint is rubbing through in places to expose the red underneath. Typical of Fender at the time to paint over with black when they messed up a sunburst.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Badass bridge (modern) but you often saw pictures of 70's basses with Badass bridges so still retains that 70's vibe.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Modern pickups and wiring harness. Pickups are Fender '64 Pure Vintage pickups which give this bass a really nice deep tone. With the bridge pick up rolled back a bit you really get a close to a P Bass tone.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Case is original mid 70's. Beat up, but perfectly functional. Tuners are Schaller and aged nicely to match the vintage bass.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have added a small shim to the the neck pocket and there is a (typical) crack on the fretboard at the first fret. Doesn't affect playability.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The weight is 11 pounds (4.9 kilos). Hey, it's the 70's man....weight equals tone![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have more detailed pictures of the neck pocket etc. Shoot me a note and I'll send you more.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Check my 100% positive feedback over at Talkbass.com (StudioGC).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Come on by if local and plug it in and give it a rip![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]UK mainland shipping [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]available.[/color][/font]

Edited by Studio GC