Why become a member? ×

Feeler....Warwick Katana 5-String for poss Trade......

BassJase

I hope i don't upset too many sensitive souls on here who don't like feelers ( :) ) but i'm thinking of parting with my Warwick Katana 5-String.
I've had it for about 3/4months, and it was love at first sight. I recently upgraded the hardware to all black, and it has the most versatile tones of any bass i've played.
The twin jazz pups cut through the mix like butter (hence the naming of it the Katana) and can go from smooth and round to gnarly-as-you-like.
Its never been gigged, just home use and a day of session work. Its swamp-ash body finished in "Honey Violin", with a 24-fret evangkol and wenge neck. Its in superb condition, and i bloody loves it......... but.......

I'm not sure if i should persevere with it, but i just sometimes feel like i'm "fighting" with it. I've had the bridge adjusted so its at its maximum string spacing (which is about 17mm) but i've got big ol' hands (i'm 6'6") and i'm finding it difficult to get any precise popping action going on.

I'm just checking around to see if anyone might possibly want to trade something for it. Preferably another 5-string of similar value (unless its a proper special 4-string) and i'd consider lower-priced basses with a cash adjustment. This cost £1200, with another £75 for the upgraded hardware.

Anyway, just thought i'd see if anyone might be interested.

Edited by BassJase

Many thanks for the offers guys, but in all honesty i'm really after another modern 5-string. I love Jazz Deluxes, but not more than i love this Warwick.
Its a real shame i'm thinking of letting it go, but when it comes to over a grands worth of bass, it should feel perfect in my opinion.
Cheers anyways though fellas.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after much deliberation i've decided to EvilBay it.
I'm ideally after another nice 5-string, but if anyone has any offers please make them sharpish!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Katana-5-String-Bass-A1-Condition-FS-FT_W0QQitemZ270149756229QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewtem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Katana-5-Str...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Cheers y'all!

Edited by BassJase