Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
JapanAxe

WITHDRAWN Ibanez PL5 PowerLead distortion Soundtank pedal
£15

Posted (edited)
This was apparently the second most popular pedal in the Soundtank (aka 'Potato Bug') series, after the TS5 Tube Screamer. If you are unfamiliar with the 5 series, they were a budget follow-up to the 8, 9 and 10 series, with a plastic shell on a metal baseplate. More info can be found [url="http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/ibanez/soundtank/pl5#"]here[/url].

It's a distortion/overdrive pedal. I found it excessively vicious so I replaced the clipping diodes with nearly-matched LEDs, which allows a much more usable range of distortion. I also seem to recall replacing the 9V power inlet socket, as the original was knackered. The tone control is not simply a treble roll-off filter, it sweeps the mid band form piercing to fat. The overall sound is quite mid-centred, not really suitable for bass unless you are running a two-amp setup.

The pedal is in fair condition, although the level pot crackles if you wiggle it. I am asking a paltry [size=5][b]£15[/b][/size] delivered in the UK.

Edited by JapanAxe

Delight your distortion-mad progeny with this gnarly pedal! Edited by JapanAxe