Why become a member? ×

Some high praise - Hotrod pickups

fleabag

Had a problem here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/293818-sudden-loss-of-volume/"]http://basschat.co.u...loss-of-volume/[/url]

So looked around the forums and chose Hotrod , formerly Wizard, and phoned Dave Walsh. Dave picked up the phone immediately, we chinwagged and he already guessed the problem before i could tell him, and so off it went in the post to Dave.

I asked Dave to wind on a tad more output , which he did ( 9.25 k ) even though i suppose it wasnt that necessary. I gave him the neck meaurement at 7.88 so he chose 9.25 for the poorly bridge pickup. Basically it means i end up with less discrepancy between the bridge and neck pup heights, thats all

I also asked for some extra low mids, as its what i love the most, and again, not strictly necessary as the jazz bridge pup has sufficient, but what the hell, a bit more wouldn't do any harm and since Dave had to re-wind the pup anyways, why not. He told me it was around a 1000 winds

Well, the pup arrived in great time, and before i'd even paid for it. I thought he'd phone first and we could do payment on the blower, but no, he posted it out and so i needed to call him to make the payment.

Stuck the pup back in, and ipso facto, lovely. As asked for, a tad more output though nothing massive, and a tad more low mids, again nothing massive. Dave had even stuck the pup in an old jazz plastic pup cover for extra protection in the post

Praise indeed. Communication = Excellent. The job itself = excellent. Customer service / attitude = excellent

Highly recommended if you ever have pickup problems

Thanks Dave

Edited by fleabag