Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz bass Roadworn, Precision maple neck + J-Retro preamp + flight case *** SOLD ***
£700

mcnach

This is a Fender RoadWorn series Jazz bass, with a Precision neck from the same series. The original owner wanted a Precision with a Jazz neck, and he ended up buying a 2015 rw Precision bass to swap necks with his 2009 rw Jazz bass. He kept the Precision and I got the Jazz.

The neck is maple/maple fingerboard, and has a good size to it. I don't like the very thin Jazz bass necks, so this was my favourite combination.

A John-East J-Retro preamp has been installed (they cost nearly £200 new) which has bass/treble/mids, with the mids being semiparametric (the centre frequency is sweepable between 200Hz and 2000Hz, I believe). It also has a bypass switch, so it still works without batteries. There's an easy-access battery compartment installed at the back, so no need to unscrew the control plate to remove batteries.

Also included is a heavy duty Fender-branded ABS moulded black flight case.

I just put a new set of D'Addario Pro-Steel strings on it.

It's a very sweet bass, very smooth neck, nice low action... but I'm just not very much of a Jazz bass person after all and I find the body too big for my not enormous frame and I recently converted a Precision into Jazz, which suits me better even if it's not as nice...

I would prefer to avoid posting if possible although I don't rule it out, but I'm willing to drive to meet you half way (depending on location, to some extent :)).

I would only consider trades involving either a 4ohm Barefaced Two10 cab, or a very stingray-ish 5 string bass, such as a Ray35; it's got to be a maple fingerboard 'though.

and a couple pics from the original owner's thread, I hope that's ok :) He got the colour better than I did. It's not that orangey. It's not pink either... hard to photograph these red basses.

Edited by mcnach