Why become a member? ×

F/S: Cort B4 Fretless SOLD!
£480

jag-atk

Dear BCers,
Here’s for sale my Cort B4 Fretless. This is an excellent bass in very good condition and has some serious upgrades. I am selling just because I do not play fretless that much in these days, and the bass is gathering dust.
Here’s some specs:
Swamp ash body, open pore finish
Laminated wenge/rosewood neck (truss-rod fully working)
Rosewood fingerboard (excellent condition)
Hipshot hardware with ultralite tuners.
The upgrades:
US-made Bartolini MK4 dual coil pickups. They’re currently wired in series but they allow full series/parallel/single coil operation (see wiring instructions on Bartolini website: [url="http://www.bartolini.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/4-Conductor-Wiring-Diagram.pdf"]http://www.bartolini...ing-Diagram.pdf[/url] ). Notice that the toggle switch is not currently wired, so its slot can be used for the pickup selector switch.
A 3-band Glockenklang preamp with A/P push/pull switch on the volume pot, the treble pot works as tone control in passive.
The upgrades greatly improve the sound of the bass compared to the stock Asian Bartolini MK1 pickups and preamp (which are also included in the sale).

[attachment=229198:IMG_20161002_185306.jpg]

Other pics: [url="https://goo.gl/photos/88gLoGbNwHmQQzkq6"]https://goo.gl/photo...gLoGbNwHmQQzkq6[/url]

The bass plus pickups and preamp costed me around 530£ (assembling the same bass from new components would cost more than 700£, mods alone are about 330£ - check on BassDirect pricelist), I’ll let it go for [b][s]480£[/s] [s]450£[/s] [s]430£[/s] 400£- Insured and trackable shipping in most European countries is included in the price. Also open to offers.[/b]
Whatever question just ask.
Cheers

Edited by jag-atk

[quote name='Maz LFC' timestamp='1476879170' post='3157999']
What's your absolute bottom line on this ?
A new one is £465 and the mods don't really increase it's value as you probably realise :blush:
I bought a new one 5yrs ago for £300 and really regret selling it.
Cheers,
Maz.
[/quote]

Hi Maz,
thanks for your message. It is not an easy task to set a fair price when the upgrades cost almost as much as the bass :) .
In my opinion the upgrades justify the extra money, but I can see that someone might disagree. In any case, the indicated price is not firm and I am very happy to consider offers in PM.
In addition, I have absolutely no problem bringing the bass back to its original configuration (with MK1 pickups and preamp) and let it go for 250£ shipping included (will consider offers on this as well).
Finally, I would like to point out that all the indicated prices include 40£ worth of international shipping fee + insurance for the whole value of the bass. This is not cheap (it is not me setting the prices, though) and is already the best fee I could get (I used in the past with no problem).
Cheers

Unfortunately upgrades very rarely increase the value of the Bass.
I guess it's because it's personal spec.
Unless you find someone who wants exactly the spec that you do, it matters little how much the upgrades cost :(
I totally agree with you that the price is very good when taking the cost involved into consideration.
I was happy enough with the original spec on mine and only sold it when I got my Stingray Fretless.
Anyway, i sincerely hope you find a good buyer. It's a great Bass.
Cheers,
Maz.

sure personal taste in upgrades might make the difference, but to my knowledge the American Barts MK4s are the only drop-in replacements for the MK1 pickups.
probably I should seriously consider to downgrade it to its original specs and sell it for cheaper.
thanks for your advice.
Cheers,
Massi