Why become a member? ×

4ohm 300w Amp & Cabs combination

guildb30179

Hi

I have a 300w orange OB1 4ohm and a 1990's 15" Fender bassman cab but want a bit of extra punch, really like the idea of a 2x10 hartke on top of that (have a 15" hartke combo that I adore, love the aluminium cone), will I get away with the 200w rated one or I do I need the (much more expensive) higher rated one?

Dumb ass question to somebody in the know I'm sure, but I'm very new to playing with a Head & Cab, as have been fat dumb and happy with a combo for the last 20 odd years playing smaller and quieter venues. Struggling to find any websites that spell this out to a newbie. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

I wouldn't worry about the watts. It's the ohms you need to be sure on. I am sure the old hartke 210 are 8 ohm and you will need to ensure your other cab is 8ohm. That way it will be fine. If either cab is 4ohm you won't be able to do it. I used to love my old hartke 410 transporter cab with aluminium cones. Only sold it as it was heavy.