Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage 1

bassbora

So I have been playing Warwicks for 20 years. I bought my Thumb NT 5 89 20 years ago and it has been perfect for me all these years. I wanted a fretless version of it and since I have played quite a bit of jazz over the years a 6 string version was perfect. For soloing and chords these basses are perfect. I have always found that these basses are flexible when you use a good right hand technique so you loads of options. I started playing in a covers band few years back and I guess that I was just wanting to have more options and got a FNA JazzMan. It was good but I noticed that it was more difficult to cut through drummers and 2 guitars than with the Thumb.

I have never really had any need to try every single bass under the sun bus I was curious about Stage 2 and managed to trade my FNA and get a Stage 2 91 and now this is the bass I feel is perfect for my covers band.

I do gig all 3 basses and the Thumb 5 is a backup for everything and I do sometimes favour that still. If I had to I could easily just have 1 bass and that would then be a 5 string fretted but since I have the luxury of being able to have 3 I allow myself that.

So with the long build up I am just curious what the difference is from I guess Stage 2 and Stage 1. I know there are different woods between the two and pickup configuration (and this has changed quite a lot of the years). I also know this is always a personal preference but I am just interested in hearing people's opinions and experiences of these two (and possibly versus Thumb).

I personally prefer just old Warwicks around 89-90 and with the wax finish. What are the chances of finding 5 or 6 string version of Streamer Stage 1?

Thanks