Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

BigBassBob

Hi all.

I've had a sort of love/hate relationship with this bass... some days I think that fate brought this bass to me (in a good way!)... and other days I feel like I don't want to look at it.

I don't play it nearly as much as it deserves and I've also just put the deposit down on a custom build so I guess the money would be pretty sweet to have... however, everyone who knows me well has told me that if I sell this bass, I will end up kicking myself later. So here's a feeler for those of you interested:

A 2005 Rickenbacker 4003 in colour of the year Blueburst. The bass is pretty much pristine apart from a tiny chip at the base of the body near the Ric-o-sound plate (about the size of the very tip of a fountain pen) and a touch of rust on some of pickguard screws and pickup pole pieces. Currently setup with medium gauge Elites Stadiums (40-100). The cover of the bridge pickup is off at the moment (although this comes with the bass... I've kept it safe) but attached is my most recent picture of it, taken a few months ago.

PM with offers... more pictures available on request.

Cheers,
Bob

Edited by BigBassBob

Good luck with this - FYI I have had a couple of Ricks (one Mapleglo, black trim, the other a Fireglo) for sale on the Forum with no success. Sadly not too many Rick-fanciers on the site (although a fair number of Rickenfaker fanciers!). I ended up selling on eBay although prices are not great at the mo'. I got £899 for my 1980 FG (really good nick, lovely instrument; see avatar) when I am 100% certain that a few months ago I would have easily cleared a grand.

Could be the colour is the hook with your bass on this Forum? Anyways best of luck

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='299198' date='Oct 4 2008, 10:58 AM']Good luck with this - FYI I have had a couple of Ricks (one Mapleglo, black trim, the other a Fireglo) for sale on the Forum with no success. Sadly not too many Rick-fanciers on the site (although a fair number of Rickenfaker fanciers!). I ended up selling on eBay although prices are not great at the mo'. I got £899 for my 1980 FG (really good nick, lovely instrument; see avatar) when I am 100% certain that a few months ago I would have easily cleared a grand.

Could be the colour is the hook with your bass on this Forum? Anyways best of luck[/quote]

I sold a pretty mint 1985 MapleGlo 4003 with black HW on ebay around 6 months ago for £1150 with Buy it Now... I was a bit shocked it went to be honest and expected closer to a grand under normal bidding. Got another one for sale at the moment (ebay starts on Sunday) with a BIN price of £950 due to condition and market prices. Shame as in US the prices are going up despite the financial situation whereas here they seem to be dropping...

Well guys, I could do with the money, however, after watching the Exit... stage left DVD over the weekend and spending some time with this bass, I've realised that I'm far too attached to it to sell. I originally bought it with help from my parents for my 18th birthday and I got the bass during quite a special time for me so there is alot of sentiment attached that I didn't realise.

I'd sell it if someone offered me £1500 minimum, but I HIGHLY doubt that's gonna happen :)

Cheers,
Bob