Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Takamine EG512CG Electro Acoustic Bass with case and Tomastiks
£160

No. 8 Wire

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]High quality acoustic bass, Made in Korea. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Comes with an ABS hard case, not so common for these basses, the case is a little battered but does its job.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]At the moment it is strung with Tomastik Infeld JF334 Jazz Flats, also comes with a set of the more usual bronze acoustic strings - take £20 off if you don't want the Tomastiks and I'll put the bronze strings back on for you (the TI Flats also happen to fit my stingray!). [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It plays beautifully and sounds great with a neck and action that would put many electric basses to shame. Built in preamp with tuner and EQ. More specs here: [url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/takamine-eg512c-acoustic-electric-bass"]http://www.musicians...c-electric-bass[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]It has been well used and hence has some dings and also some slightly odd fade marks, the frets are excellent except for one which has had a fret repair, it remains a high quality instrument though. PM me and I'll send you high res photos of the dings etc so you know exactly what you are buying. It's far from perfect but I think with the case and Tomastiks the price reflects that.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]

Postage will be somewhere in the region of £20 by parcelforce express 48 or UPS - I'll need a delivery postcode to get an accurate quote.

If you want to trade rather than buy with cash I'm interested in markbass amps or possibly other small and lightweight ones (GK, TCE), or possibly valve preamp pedals. trade + cash if necessary, PM me.

Edited by No. 8 Wire

I picked up the satin finished version EG512C earlier in the year and love it. Auditioned a few new ABGs around the £300 mark in local shops and none came close to the Takamine in tone, action and acoustic volume. With the case and Tomastiks included, in my opinion it would have to be really badly dinged up for it to be anything other than a huge bargain at that price. GLWTS.

[quote name='Ballesteros' timestamp='1469444140' post='3098280']
I picked up the satin finished version EG512C earlier in the year and love it. Auditioned a few new ABGs around the £300 mark in local shops and none came close to the Takamine in tone, action and acoustic volume. With the case and Tomastiks included, in my opinion it would have to be really badly dinged up for it to be anything other than a huge bargain at that price. GLWTS.
[/quote]

Thanks Mate. Its not that badly dinged up, I'll try and take some phots that make it clear what the dings are later. Really beautiful instruments these, just don't really have a use for it right now and I've been told I have too many basses so this is the one that has to go :( .

Great preamps in these too, no problem plugging straight into a board.

• 2 weeks later...