Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass 100w Bass Cub **Sold**
£295

dodgnofski

Bought recently from this very Parish - but way too sophisticated for my old cloth ears :( It is in absolutely Mint condition and comes complete with the dedicated padded Gig bag and mains lead.

Here's the Blurb :-

Sometimes all you need is an amp that can deliver true bass tones but without the hassle of getting out a big rig amplifier. The Bass Cub is 100 watts of pure tone in a “shoebox” size package and so light, it can be lifted even with a finger! It can sit on the floor or on top of a desk. Two independent channels can accept two instruments or one microphone. It also has a stereo input for Drum machine or I-pod/MP3 player. Practicing can be done with the 2 internal speakers or headphones. The BASS CUB comes with a padded carrying bag. With these features and great sound there is no longer an excuse you can not practice.

Here's the spec :-

Two independent channels can accept two instruments or one microphone.
Aux in - with independent volume control
100 watts
Switchable Hight / Low input
Two 3-band EQ
Optical Limiter
Headphone Output
Tuner Output
Pre-amp Line Output
Balanced Line Output
Two Internal 5-inch Proprietary PJPS Speakers
Dimensions: 12 x 10.8 x 7.8 inch (W x D x H)
Weighs only 13.2 lbs / 6kg
AC Voltage: 100 – 240 Volt / 50 – 60Hz

The thing I really liked about this beauty is the two channels - as it doubles up very nicely as an electro acoustic guitar combo - my baby Martin sounded incredible through this and it is small enough to use in the living room, or bedroom as a high quality unit to play your iPod or CD through :)

Just a word about the build quality of this combo - 'incredible' !! - I have seen nothing to compare to the quality of this over the last 40 + years and I've owned, or at least played through virtually everything - umpteen times over :)

Re gigging - despite being rated at 100w - I personally don't think it is loud enough, apart from for the quietest of acoustic Gigs, but with a powered cabinet - the world is your Lobster :)

Can post to UK Mainland at buyers expense - payment via Bank Transrer, or Paypal gift.

ps - check this link out :-

http://youtu.be/pRMH3a0TV44

Edited by dodgnofski