Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 60th Anniversary Fender Precision MIM 2011
£300

troubadour

I bought this in 2013 from a guy in Glasgow. I don’t think he’d looked after it very well. It cleaned up nicely but it still carries a few dings from those days. I haven’t added any as far as I’m aware but I’ve had the benefit of not worrying too much about it should I have!
It’s so good in every other respect that it immediately became my no.1 bass. It’s the one I’m playing at this year’s Ribble Valley Jazz Festival there in my profile photo. It still would be my no.1 bass were it not for the weight. It’s a not unreasonable 4.05 kg (9 lbs) but that’s still too much for me nowadays I’m afraid. It has a set of Rotosound RS66LC’s on at the moment (yes I like everything light).
I’ll just let the photos do the rest of the talking, even though as you can see I’m no photographer. If there are any bits you’d like a better picture of please let me know and I’ll try.

Slight crease about half way along the neck. It’s on the lower half nowhere near where I put my thumb and I’ve never felt it while I’m playing:

Pictures of the neck pocket, nothing wrong with it - just that I’ve seen they’re often asked for:

Ding on body underside, measures 11mm longest diagonal

Dings on top and rear of body above top cutaway (6mm and 7mm respectively)

Headstock end on, few dings and marks:

I think £300 is fair. I don’t really want to trade as I’m happy with my Yamaha now and I’ve another coming this week. I could be tempted by a super light weight precision that would be all.
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I live near to Skipton, work near to Preston and I travel around the north a bit. For instance I’m in Sheffield on Thursday and Sunderland on Friday. I also have the packing materials that my RBX came in so it should be straightforward for me to ship elsewhere if required.[/font][/size]

Edited by troubadour

This sold really quickly. Thank you to the buyer. And thank you to everyone who PM'd me. If anyone is disappointed can I just say that I also have a bass for sale that is every bit as good as this quality-wise but half the price! Please see my Kramer listing. Go on, dare to be different!