Why become a member? ×

Korg Pitchblack mini

Johnebass

Hi,
Anyone had any experience with the Korg Pitchblack Mini. There are a few posts about the standard Pitchblack and most say that it's a good unit but I like the idea of a smaller one that will fit better in my gigbag.

My main concern is that because of it's small size it will have problems staying upright and get dragged across the stage by the cable. I know that it has little fold out feet but do they really work?

If you're worried that it might get dragged across the stage, that suggests you don't have a pedalboard. If you don't have a pedalboard, that suggests you probably won't use mains power and will use a battery.
This won't take a battery :)
If you are using mains power, by the time you've packed this and the PSU, size wise, you may as well have taken a Boss tuner with battery?! Lol

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1464450024' post='3059570']
If you're worried that it might get dragged across the stage, that suggests you don't have a pedalboard. If you don't have a pedalboard, that suggests you probably won't use mains power and will use a battery.
This won't take a battery :)
If you are using mains power, by the time you've packed this and the PSU, size wise, you may as well have taken a Boss tuner with battery?! Lol

Si
[/quote]

Thie website says that it does take 2 x CR2032 lithium battery (3V) x 2 or AC adaptor (9V), although the battery life will only be about 3 hours. http://www.korg.com/uk/products/tuners/pitchblack_mini/specifications.php

You're right about the pedal board, no I don't have one and the clip on TC tuner that I have picks up stage vibration when tuning during non bass playing parts in the show and makes it difficult to accurately tune the E and B strings. I just need something on the floor that lights up and won't get dragged about. I wondered if this might be a little too small.

Ah fair play, didn't see about the lithium batteries :).
I think even a TU-3 would move around if you move around a lot. An idea would be to have some Velcro on your amp, that you could affix the tuner to at the start of each gig?! Assuming you don't have a tall amp :)
Si