Why become a member? ×

Speaker connection?

barneyg42

My gear is now as below having added the two cabs bought from Monz at the SE Bash (cheers). Both cabs are 8 ohm, amp runs down to 4. Ideal!
Question is do I run a lead from both speaker outputs,one to each cab, or one lead into one cab and then from there into the other cab to get maximum performance.

Colin

[quote name='barneyg42' post='294556' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:28 PM']My gear is now as below having added the two cabs bought from Monz at the SE Bash (cheers). Both cabs are 8 ohm, amp runs down to 4. Ideal!
Question is do I run a lead from both speaker outputs,one to each cab, or one lead into one cab and then from there into the other cab to get maximum performance.

Colin[/quote]

I asked a similar question and got the response that if you've got two outputs use 'em!

Twofold reasons, one: if it's got it as an option, there must be some benefit :) two: if the lead from amp to cab-A dies mid gig, you loose all sound, whereas if you're running two leads from your amp to two cabs, if one dies you get a drop in volume but can carry on playing.

BTW, was good to put a face to the name! wish I'd managed to have a go on the JD, mebby next time eh? :huh:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='294562' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:38 PM']I asked a similar question and got the response that if you've got two outputs use 'em!

Twofold reasons, one: if it's got it as an option, there must be some benefit :) two: if the lead from amp to cab-A dies mid gig, you loose all sound, whereas if you're running two leads from your amp to two cabs, if one dies you get a drop in volume but can carry on playing.

BTW, was good to put a face to the name! wish I'd managed to have a go on the JD, mebby next time eh? :huh:[/quote]

Sounds reasonable to me.
Jaydee next time, your first on the list!