Why become a member? ×

TRADE DEAL DONE - PLEASE REMOVE Sandberg California VM5 - Tobacco/ Brown Burst
£850

willgatesbass

Hi guys - I'm selling my beautiful Sandberg California VM5. I bought it used from a chap who owned it from new.

I'm not 100% sure on the colour. It's either Tobacco or some kind of brown burst I'm guessing. Either way, it's a satin finish and as you can see from the pictures, it's bloody lovely! It has chrome hardware and a 3-ply black/white/tortoise pick guard. There are no front facing inlays or dots, just side dots. Looks great and I've never had any trouble knowing where I am on the fingerboard in dark venues. I bought some glow in the dark fret markers and a charging pen from Glowtec just incase but I've never needed them so they're unopened. I'll include these in the sale.

I believe the guy I bought it from specified Haussel pickups when he ordered it as a factory upgrade instead of the standard Delanos that Sandbergs usually come with. They sound fantastic. The hardware is all solid and in great condition.

All I have done since owning it is replaced two of the pots. The volume knob was wonky and must have had a knock at some point. The bass eq knob was a bit rough and scratchy. I've had them professionally replaced and now they're spot on. Other than that I've just given it a bloody good clean and a setup.

It's a serious bit of kit. I only started playing bass recently and I've never been able to hear the difference between instruments and have always wondered what people meant when they talked about tone, until now! You can hear how good it's going to sound when you play it acoustically. It vibrates through your whole body. Very rich and full. When you plug it in, it really comes to life. The ebony fingerboard sounds bright and clear and is backed up by plenty of muscle from the tone woods in the body and neck. Really tight neck pocket.

Currently strung with D'addarios, I believe. Very low action.

Original Sandberg gig bag included.

Bad points - One mark on the upper part of the body where your forearm would rest (pictured). Hardly noticeable and particularly not while you're playing. Sandberg offer aged finishing and this looks like a mark that you might find on one of their 'soft-aged' basses. One or two other small marks but all in all it still feels very fresh and new.

Comes fitted with Dimarzio strap locks and strap.

I'm selling as I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I've only been playing for a year and this is my sixth instrument. I'm really enjoying trying new basses but I'm sure I'll miss this one.

Here are the specs as far as I know -

Ash body
Maple neck
Ebony fingerboard (no fret markers)
Chrome hardware
35" scale
22 frets
Zero fret
Haussel pickups (bridge hum bucker and p-style split-coil neck pickup)
Glockenklang pre-amp (9v circuit)
Push-pull active/passive volume control -Pickup blend - Active Bass/ Active treble (acts as tone in passive mode)
Sandberg gigbag

I'm based in Gloucester and you're welcome to drop in and check it out. I also travel all over for gigs so could possibly meet somewhere. Happy to courier at buyer's expense.

I've probably forgotten some stuff so please feel free to message with questions/ offers.

I would prefer a sale but would be very interested in a Stingray 5 if you have one you'd like to trade.

Sorry about the sideways pictures. Very frustrating! Please use the link below to take a proper look.

[url="http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/willgatesbass/library/Sandberg%20VM5?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1374.photobu...5?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='Basswookie' timestamp='1463494972' post='3051785']
Damn Will! So tempted, making me question my decision to go for a TM5. I had a noodle on this beauty last night. Awesome instrument.
[/quote]

Thanks dude. Glad you like it :-)

• 2 weeks later...