Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Toneman 410T Deep any good!?

G.Walker94

Toneman is just re-branded AMB/MAG stuff specially made for Thomann isn't it?

I'd get used - the technology/design on those Ashdown cabs isn't exactly cutting edge; if you're going to go old-fashioned & heavy there's no point in you taking the hit on new stuff, you'll get the same sound used & save a load of money.

In terms of tone - I've found that style of Ashdown cab completely usable for the money (it's the amps I can't get on with).

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Im the opposite. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]I love their amps having tried everything from a MAG300 through to the DP200h (I particularly loved their dual tube spyder series).[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]On the other hand I just cant get on with their cabs at all. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]Again I’ve tried everything from the MAG range through to VS series right up to their CL series.[/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]They just sound a bit ‘weak’ for want of a better word[/color][/size][/font]

I have the 210 and 115 deep cabs (MAG) matched with a MAG300 Evo II amp and I am more than happy with it for my heavy rock covers band. That is a good new price for really good (but heavy) cab right there, but as Lw says, you will do better used. I bought my complete rig as mentioned for under £200!

Cheers for the advice guys. I'm gunna set up a post in wanted section for an abm cab. If I don't get any luck I might just save and buy the new abm cab they have, as I've tried them and they sound excellent :) it is subjective like you guys have said. I guess I just need to try a ton of there cabs and see which ones I get along with! I personally think the abm head (which I own) sounds best with the matching cabs. Have uses the heads for years with a Warwick cab. But want the matching cab now. Just wanted to see if anyone has played a Toneman cab and see what they thought of them. There great value