Why become a member? ×

Big Band recording Chesterfield

OutToPlayJazz

[url="http://www.indabamusic.com/sessions/560956971/47151#tracks"]http://www.indabamusic.com/sessions/560956971/47151#tracks[/url]

Hopefully the link will work, but I thought I'd put these bare unmixed recordings up so you good people could have a listen!

Track 1 is a nice recording overall, quite pleased with this one. Played on my Warwick Triumph upright.

Track 2 is shocking! Too slow, the female singer sounds too classic with too much vibrato! Again, played on my Triumph upright.

Track 3 is nice apart from the shocking guitar solo with an 80's sound metalzone distortion sound! Played on my Yamaha TRB-6.

Let me know what you think & I'll post the fully mixed versions when I get them!

Rich.

Rich...

Track 1 I love, Elaine loves and when can we expect an iTunes download?
Track 2 Nice but I agree about the vocals...still the Trump sounds awesome....and yes it's slooo but still, it grew on me and I liked it.
Track 3 Marc would be impressed and it's a very fresh approach, although I am not completely convinced about the guitar solo I agree although it was short and did add that different take on things so top marks for bravery I think.

Track 1 though.....wow

[quote name='ste_m3' post='292142' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:02 PM']I do love recordings like this, in fact, could you recommend some more?! Its wonderful to have on whilst working!

Cracking playing, That warwick sounds fantastic, actually quite jazzy (as in the bass) for an upright! Lovely.[/quote]

Hi Ste,

Thanks for listening! As for other recordings (things you can buy!) try some Diana Krall CD's. Lovely music, but I'd go for "A night in Paris" or "The girl in the other room." These are the nice smaller 4-piece band as opposed to the bigger outfits she uses with the yucky, cheesy string washes!

Rich.

[quote name='foxthebiker' post='292317' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:40 PM']Rich...

Track 1 I love, Elaine loves and when can we expect an iTunes download?
Track 2 Nice but I agree about the vocals...still the Trump sounds awesome....and yes it's slooo but still, it grew on me and I liked it.
Track 3 Marc would be impressed and it's a very fresh approach, although I am not completely convinced about the guitar solo I agree although it was short and did add that different take on things so top marks for bravery I think.

Track 1 though.....wow[/quote]

Hi Nick & Elaine! Thanks for the review :)

As soon as I have the proper engineered versions (in a couple of weeks) I'll forward you a copy. Just pm me your postal address, mate.

Your Precision is still pristine & great to play, btw!

Take care, you two!

Rich.